Thursday, June 5, 2008

My first entry...

Hey everyone or maybe just myself. ;-) Well I am very new in this whole blog world. Of course a very good friend of mine who has the same great ambitions or just plain neurotic (like me) has opened my eyes to blogging. My blog will probably be about my mishaps in gardening. I love plants, nature, sun, and anything to make my surroundings just a little bit more lively. Since I moved into my new home a year and a half ago my main project was to make the front yard more inviting! It is still a work in progress and I am struggling to keep weeds, bees, flies, and who knows what else from living on my beautiful flower bed other than flowers!!! This is harder than I expected! I am convinced that gardening is a metaphor for LIFE! One has many hopes for what life should look like but it's hard work to keep the picture in our mind to turn into reality (or to keep weeds from growing on my baby hydrangeas!) I am a bit frustrated with my large flower beds that leads to my front door. I want it to be inviting and to excite the senses of sight and smell. Right now it's just hard enough to keep it looking NEAT! Pictures of my flowers will be posted soon. So here I go trying to materialize that perfect garden in my mind into reality!

2 comments:

Ambitious Crafter said...

Can't wait for the pictures!

twopennycents said...

me too. i want to see pictures of the baby hydrangeas in order to inspire me to add something else to my to-do list.