Saturday, June 7, 2008

flower bed pictures





Well here are the pictures of my front yard. It consists of two flower beds on the left and right hand side of the front entrance. When I first saw the house I was happy to see such a beautiful greeting from nature as you enter the house. Now I have a love / hate relationship with the two flower beds. First of all I am a beginner at gardening and 300 sq ft. of dirt is just a lot of damn flowers to fill a space. Secondly, my job is even harder since the front yard faces East and can only inhabit shady plants. There's only a few shade plants that are beautiful and colorful. This is my dilemma, to fill all this space with just the right plants that only need partial sun. Good luck to ME!

1 comment:

twopennycents said...

yes, 300 sq. ft. of dirt is a lot to fill, but the lavender looks very pretty! the hydrangeas are adorable. i never knew they took such a long time to grow. now i'm really envious of my neighbor's 5 ft. tall bushes.